Friday, October 7, 2011

He's listening

I was just asked last week by our parents as teacher educator if Blake will follow simple 1 step instructions. For example, "pick up the ball" or "bring me the ball". I told her no, not yet. She said that even though he doesn't have any words yet that before 18 months we are looking more for understanding of language vs verbal languange. He must have been listening because the very next day I went to pick him up from school and was very impressed with his listening skills. Ms Julie asked Blake to take his sippy cup to the sink. Blake stands up, walks over to the sink and drops his cup. I was absolutely floored! Then, she asked him to throw his napkin in the trash can and he walked over and threw it away. I think our little man is understanding much more than we realize.

No comments: