Friday, March 27, 2009

Then and Now

It is exactly 1 year ago today that James was supposed to enter the world. I had no idea at the time that the 8 following days would take forever. I couldn't wait for my baby boy/girl to get here! The last year has gone by faster than any other year of my life. I came across some pictures from a year ago when we were anxiously awaiting our new arrival. Wow, how things have changed!
This is the nursery a year ago.

This is the nursery now. James loves to empty all the drawers/cabinets of his changing table.

He has also destroyed his crib.

This is me a year ago and about 50 lbs heavier! Yikes, I can't believe I was that big!`Notice the nice clean family room floor behind me.

And here is me now sitting in our big pile of toys, books, etc. My sweatpants are frequently in my daily wardrobe. Don't stop by without calling or you might catch me in my pj's. And yes, I did cut my hair. I actually cut 9 inches. Since I've been getting over pink eye I haven't posted any pictures but I will soon.

6 comments:

Kristol & Asa Ginapp said...

Wow...things have changed. You guys are such amazing parents, though. I am glad that Kristol and I will be able to call on you --and the Walshes, of course -- for advice. I had a great time in KC and can't wait to see you guys again. Kristol loves the book. We've already starting reading it... Decisions, decisions, decisions... Take care. Talk to you soon.

Schneider Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Schneider Family said...

Ok sorry....not good at this blog thing yet! What I was going to say way...I love all the changes! With all that mess comes so much love. Your hair looks really cute! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Hilbrich Family said...

Morgan enjoyed adding to the messy family room and James' bedroom today! It was fun watching the kids play together. Crazy it has already been a year. I remember your due date so well! I love the before and after pictures. I may need to post the same type of pictures on my blog next month. Cute idea!!

Maleah said...

Cute post. I love the before and after of the nursery. Amazing how we want every detail to be just perfect and then it never quite looks like that again. Funny how things change so much in just one year. I can't believe that James is almost one!!! Time goes by fast.

rachel vaughn said...

good post. i like the comparisons.