Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day 2010!

We had a great Valentine's weekend. Yesterday we got a babysitter and went shopping at the Legends and NFM(Nebraska furniture mart). We were looking for a new chair for our bedroom because the one we had in there was moved to our family room. Just for fun we always like to check out the clearance section first. We have never found anything there before but it is still fun to look. We both spotted a chair that we liked right away, but since it was the first thing we saw we decided we should keep looking. Just as we were walking away from the chair another couple comes up to the chair and I overhear the wife say, "this is the chair, I just love this chair." I'm thinking, "No, I like that chair too. I think I want it." I quickly grab a salesperson and ask if we can put a hold on the chair. He says he can mark it sold for 30 minutes before we actually purchase it. So Todd and I wait to the side to watch him go tag the chair with the other woman still sitting on it. She was obviously not happy as the salesperson apologized that the chair had been taken. I over hear her say, "No, I want to buy this chair. I want to buy it now." He explained again that it was already spoken for but that we had 30 minutes to come back and purchase it. We walked around the store and didn't find anything that we liked as well for the price, so we went back to purchase the chair and guess who is still waiting around??? The other couple was hoping that we wouldn't come back so they could have the chair. I think it was our lucky day. I have never found furniture so easily. It is usually a very overwhelming task for us. I'm still thinking of that other couple and wondering if they ever found another chair. I felt bad about it all afternoon, but happy we got it! Even better we got to pick it up and take it home the same day. After our shopping adventure we headed to Yia Yia's for dinner. It is our annual Valentine's tradition and we always order the chocolate souffle for dessert.

Today we got another afternoon out to the movies while my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Steve watched James for the afternoon. We were planning on going to see the Valentine's movie, but all the seats except for the very front were already sold, so we decided on Crazy Heart. We both really enjoyed it. The music was excellent. All in all we had a great weekend and I love my two Valentine boys so much!

My sweetie pie!

James in the new chair.

My two favorite boys!

1 comment:

Hilbrich Family said...

Love the chair! :) Great story with it too!!