Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Toddler

I feel like we have officially entered toddlerhood. We have tantrums and major separation/stranger anxiety. We went back to church for the first time since being in Michigan today so it was James' first time in the nursery in 8 weeks. He has always done so well at the nursery and most times I never even took a pager. Thank goodness I took a pager today. He cried when we left, which we expected, but we thought after a few minutes he would calm down. No. This went on for atleast 20 minutes until the sweet girls in the nursery finally decided it was time to page us. He didn't want to be held and he was just hanging on the gate and pointing to the door. When I walked in the room he was so happy to see me and we cuddled the rest of the service in the nursery together. He wouldn't let me out of his sight for one second.

James is also becoming very much a dada's boy. He loves his daddy and doesn't want to leave his side all day. I noticed that James became more and more attached to Todd when we got home from Michigan. Our bedtime routine is for Todd to give James a bath and ready stories and then I come in and nurse him before he goes to sleep. Our first night home James refused to let go of Todd and come to me. When I did finally get him to calm down he didn't want to nurse at all, but he would let me cuddle with him and rock in the chair. This same routine went on for 3 nights so I finally got the message. James is a big boy now!

Here are some fun pictures from our last playdate with Morgan!





1 comment:

Hilbrich Family said...

Sounds like James loves to cuddle his Mama and Dada!! :)
I love the pictures of James and Morgan! They are two peas in a pod!!