Thursday, April 2, 2009

What FINALLY put me into labor!

So, a year ago today I was nearly a week overdue and wondering, "when am I going to have this baby?" It is funny because it is very much James' personality. It makes so much sense now that he is here. He is very laid back and in no rush to do things. Such as, walking. Why walk when you can get around crawling just fine? He can practically run with his push toy, but take it away and he is not budging. Not one step!

A year ago tonight I decided I would go to the store one last time (I think I made 5 "one last time" trips to the store) and get ingredients to make my favorite brownies. The plan was to take them to work the next day for a co-workers birthday. I made the brownies, enjoyed one, and went to bed. I woke up at 5am in labor. Needless to say, the brownies or me didn't make it to work that day. Since I missed my co-worker Cheryl's birthday last year and she didn't get the infamous brownies I made them today to bring to her. They are so good! Here is the recipe:
Caramel Fudge Brownies
1 1/4 cup flour (divided)
1/4 t baking powder
dash salt
4 squares(1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 t vanilla
12 oz jar hot caramel topping
12 oz bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13 x 9 pan. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a medium bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Add 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Spread into pan. Bake 25 minutes. Combine 1/4 cup flour and hot caramel topping. Spread over brownies and sprinkle with chips. Return to oven and bake 20-25 miuntes or until topping is golden brown. Yummy!

1 comment:

Schneider Family said...

Yum! I'll have to try those. Forgot to tell you that we made(OK...who am I kidding) Glen made cheesburger soup a couple weeks ago. It was SOOO good!!