Friday, April 4, 2008

James' Birth story

I went into labor a little before 5 am on April 3rd. You were 7 days late at this point so I was very excited that you were finally coming. Daddy went to work for the morning until my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. I remember watching Anne of Green Gables on video during contractions. We headed to the hospital(St Lukes on the Plaza) around 1pm. We arrived and I was only dilated to a 1. Shortly after my water broke and the nurses realized you had a bowel movement so I had to be monitored every 30 minutes to make sure your heartbeat was strong. I continued to progress really slowly. Only 1 centimeter every few hours. By 4 am I was tired and at a 7. The dr discovered you were sunny-side up and that is why my labor was progressing so slow and was so painful. At this point I decided to get an epidural. We were able to sleep and get a little rest until 8:00. At 8:30 I started pushing and you were born at 9:36 am. You were 8 lbs 13 oz, 20 1/2 inches long and just perfect!!!

No comments: